Mobile Visual Designer
San Francisco, CA
Our Team + YouOur experienced team’s background runs deep in design, technology, and science. We have created everything from products you already use everyday to advancements that have taken us far into the reaches of space. Now we are dedicated to creating solutions that connect the human body with technology in an almost magical way.
We offer a competitive compensation package with meaningful equity and health benefits. Join our quickly growing team of the smartest people we can find in our creative and casual SOMA office.
What You Will BringWe’re seeking a talented and passionate Visual Designer to play a vital role in shaping the way Motiv engages with its customers. The ideal candidate can delight customers with user-centered visual design work by solving complex customer problems and tapping into their love and passion for better health. As a Visual Designer, you will create the visual language for Motiv’s product experience across native iOS and Android applications. You will work closely with designers, product managers, user testers and engineers to create breakthrough, original designs. Qualified candidates are experienced visual designers with a passion for making complex information easily accessible, elegant, delightful and fun for Motiv users to consume. Being passionate about health and fitness and working in a small team environment is a big plus.
- Be Motiv’s visual design lead across iOS and Android mobile apps
- Opportunity to build a team of visual designers as the company grows
- Work closely with interaction design and product development team and run the visual design process for a project, from discovery and research to high-fidelity mocks
- Stay current on emerging mobile interface design and behavior trends, broader technological shifts, as well as identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
- Work from high-level requirements and ask the right questions to gather all relevant information to guide design direction
- Start by quickly iterating on several broad visual design explorations to arrive at a simple but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements
- Design for current experiences while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features
- Present work to and collaborate with a range of internal stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX and visual designers
- BA degree in a design-related field
- 3+ years of experience in research and design for products, web, mobile, or emerging platforms
- At least one successfully designed iOS or Android mobile app viewable on the App Store or Google Play
- Strong online portfolio and results in digital work
- Experience designing with Pattern Libraries and using a variety of research and testing methodologies
- Masters Degree in: graphics or motion design
Interested in learning more? Drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you if there’s a fit.