Lead Android Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our Team + You
Our experienced team’s background runs deep in design, technology, and science. We have created everything from products you already use every day to advancements that have taken us far into the reaches of space. Your hard work will be deeply valued and you have the opportunity to see your innovations impact and evolve our product into a market leading wearable technology.
We offer a competitive compensation package with meaningful equity and health benefits. Join our quickly growing team of amazing people and enjoy your days at our casual and creative SOMA office.
What you will bring
- Perform end-to-end technical design and implementation of complex Android applications
- Review requirements, wireframes, and designs for technical feasibility, then work with the team to translate these into user stories that can be implemented
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests, and collaborating with QA
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Communicate effectively with team and senior management
- Demonstrated experience developing and architecting Android applications in a professional setting
- Passionate about mobile development and writing beautiful, correct, and efficient code
- Ability to lead a team building cutting-edge, complex Android applications.
- Be a thought leader by researching and evangelizing emerging mobile technologies and sharing that knowledge with colleagues
Where you have been
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Android software development
- Deep understanding of Java and standard Android frameworks
- Knowledge of OOP and software architecture design patterns
- Understanding of Android development tools and the development life cycle
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, Android provisioning, and Google Play Store deployment
- Familiarity with agile development methods
You may also have
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field/experience
- Expertise with SQL, SQLite or other database technologies
Interested in learning more? Drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you if there’s a fit.